Gambit Jacket commission made in 2015. Main fabric is a heavy duty utility cotton, with suede for the lapel and collar accent that I quilted.
Images taken by Dim Horizon Studio at Centennial Olympic Park in Atlanta, GA.
Sansa from Game of Thrones! This was a super quickie project I made on a whim with materials I already had. I really wanted to test out the new Simplicity pattern as soon as I saw it.
The construction is pretty straightforward, I stuck mostly to the pattern. Its made from lavender silk dupioni, a generic gold brocade for the sleeves, and leftover lace for the side designs (I actually painted the lace gold), and linen for the inside of the roses. I did have to make the sleeves more form fitting, and also changed it to a lace up back. I also did lining (old bedsheets) instead of the facing in the pattern. (more…)
The Skirt and cape are made from flannel, cape is lined with a maroon brocade. The cape fur collar snaps on for comfort. The undershirt is a very nice cotton shirting fabric. The bodice is cotton sateen with satin handmade binding and polyester lining. It has plastic boning, except for the opening in the back which has steel boning. The cap and gloves are flannel. I used an embroidery machine for all of the designs, some I made with software and some I bought for time saving purposes. I topstitched all of the designs onto the cape, this was probably the most time consuming part! I really loved making this costume and hope to do more in the future! (more…)
This was a very emotional project for me for many reasons. I cried (both anger and joy) several times throughout this crafting process. Before I get to the actual progress write-up, I’ve got a lot to say about this costume!
This project began as a costume initially meant to mimic her wedding dress using practical (aka inexpensive) techniques. As with any costume I make, I wanted to be accurate within reason, but be clever to save money. So basically, just a very pretty and kind of crazy but not too insane costume. But as I studied hi-res images and read detailed descriptions from the creators, it slowly turned into an attempt at a screen accurate replica and (very expensive) monster of a project. Check out the official images and description of the real dress on Michele Carragher’s site! (more…)
Ariel is my favorite of the Disney princesses, so I’m not sure why its taken me so long to make her! I fell in love with her new turquoise/teal sparkly dress, so I decided to use that as a jumping off point. At some point I made the decision that I wanted to be poofy and crazy, so style-wise I crossed her new dress with Sarah’s ballgown from the Labyrinth.
For fabric, I allowed myself to buy stuff I would never use normally, like glitter costume satin and shiny organza. I can be kind of a fabric snob, but I wanted this dress to be silly and boisterous. For the color, I chose blue radiance from the casa line for the tulle and organza and a matching glitter satin (some generic brand from Joann’s.) I also found a gorgeous mint green peachskin fabric for the sleeves and binding (not sure if its peachskin, since it was in the cheap costume fabric section, but its so pretty!) (more…)
These photos were taken by Dim Horizon Studio at both Victory Creek and Barrington Hall in Roswell, GA.
I made this costume for Momocon 2014 and won an honorable mention in the contest!
Here are some great images taken by Ken AD Photography. Elsa is Dollface Cosplay, and we worked on Elsa together.