For Dragon Con 2015 I made Margaery bunny for a Game of Thrones bunny group. I’d never made a bunny suit before, and it didn’t quite turn out right, but I was happy enough with it to wear it anyway. :P We won best group in the bunny hutch contest!
It was one of those projects that went great in theory but didn’t quite go perfectly in the end. Instead of buying a bunny-suit pattern, I made a mock by combining my favorite corset pattern with a panty pattern I drafted. The mock itself turned out really well and fit great. I constructed the whole thing like a corset. I used a strong twill inner layer, spiral steel, twill stay tape, hidden lace up closure, etc. It turned out really great, except for the me wearing it part. The bottom bunches up and is loose at the same time. (The pictures in this post are of angles that look fine… something I did on purpose :P) Oh well, it was wearable at least and a learning experience. :) The accessories were super fun to make! I made everything but the crown, which is the cheap Halloween version (but surprisingly detailed/accurate).
Continue reading “Margaery Bunny: Progress”
This is commission I did in late 2015 of Margaery Tyrell’s Season 3 blue dress. The top is a gorgeous satin brocade that I think is surprisingly close to the original design, I got really lucky with this find. The shoulder pads are a pale minty grey cotton velour. The skirt is 100% silk Habotai, doubled for modestly. I made the rose belt from scratch with Worbla. It is a real wrap dress with ties made from the skirt silk. The shoulder pads have button loops, and there are hidden buttons on the inside of the top. The top has adjustable hooks, and a snap in the front for modesty.
Continue reading “Margaery Tyrell Season 3 Dress: Commission”
Sansa from Game of Thrones! This was a super quickie project I made on a whim with materials I already had. I really wanted to test out the new Simplicity pattern as soon as I saw it.
The construction is pretty straightforward, I stuck mostly to the pattern. Its made from lavender silk dupioni, a generic gold brocade for the sleeves, and leftover lace for the side designs (I actually painted the lace gold), and linen for the inside of the roses. I did have to make the sleeves more form fitting, and also changed it to a lace up back. I also did lining (old bedsheets) instead of the facing in the pattern.
Continue reading “Sansa from Game of Thrones: Progress”
This was a very emotional project for me for many reasons. I cried (both anger and joy) several times throughout this crafting process. Before I get to the actual progress write-up, I’ve got a lot to say about this costume!
This project began as a costume initially meant to mimic her wedding dress using practical (aka inexpensive) techniques. As with any costume I make, I wanted to be accurate within reason, but be clever to save money. So basically, just a very pretty and kind of crazy but not too insane costume. But as I studied hi-res images and read detailed descriptions from the creators, it slowly turned into an attempt at a screen accurate replica and (very expensive) monster of a project. Check out the official images and description of the real dress on Michele Carragher’s site!
Continue reading “Margaery Purple Wedding Dress: Progress”
These photos were taken by Dim Horizon Studio at both Victory Creek and Barrington Hall in Roswell, GA.
Continue reading “Margaery Tyrell “Purple Wedding” Dress: Gallery”