Professional images of my “blue dress with red belt” version of Marie Antoinette from the 2006 Sophia Coppola movie.
Following images taken at Dragon Con by Dim Horizon Studio
During the summer of 2015, I made the popular “blue dress with red belt” gown from the Sophia Coppola movie Marie Antoinette. I’ve been drooling over this gown ever since I first saw the movie in 2006. I’m so happy I finally made it!
Interesting fact: This gown is what spurred my obsession with 18th century clothing. I started doing the research for it several years ago, and fell down the rabbit hole. All of the pieces I have made until now were honestly practice for this one. I am extremely proud of how it turned out! It is one of the most accurate movie replicas I’ve made, if not the most accurate.
Continue reading “Marie Antoinette: Progress”
I made this costume for Dragon Con 2015. If you’ve looked around my site, you’ve probably noticed my love of Skyrim. I knew when I first saw her in the game I’d end up making her… mainly because I really liked her adorable horribly sewn dress and leather corset! For this Dragon Con I had too much on my plate to make a new armor set, so I made this very simple outfit. Well it wasn’t that simple, I just made it really really fast, in less than a week I think.
Continue reading “Ysolda from Skyrim: Progress”
For Dragon Con 2015 I made Margaery bunny for a Game of Thrones bunny group. I’d never made a bunny suit before, and it didn’t quite turn out right, but I was happy enough with it to wear it anyway. :P We won best group in the bunny hutch contest!
It was one of those projects that went great in theory but didn’t quite go perfectly in the end. Instead of buying a bunny-suit pattern, I made a mock by combining my favorite corset pattern with a panty pattern I drafted. The mock itself turned out really well and fit great. I constructed the whole thing like a corset. I used a strong twill inner layer, spiral steel, twill stay tape, hidden lace up closure, etc. It turned out really great, except for the me wearing it part. The bottom bunches up and is loose at the same time. (The pictures in this post are of angles that look fine… something I did on purpose :P) Oh well, it was wearable at least and a learning experience. :) The accessories were super fun to make! I made everything but the crown, which is the cheap Halloween version (but surprisingly detailed/accurate).
Continue reading “Margaery Bunny: Progress”
This is commission I did in late 2015 of Margaery Tyrell’s Season 3 blue dress. The top is a gorgeous satin brocade that I think is surprisingly close to the original design, I got really lucky with this find. The shoulder pads are a pale minty grey cotton velour. The skirt is 100% silk Habotai, doubled for modestly. I made the rose belt from scratch with Worbla. It is a real wrap dress with ties made from the skirt silk. The shoulder pads have button loops, and there are hidden buttons on the inside of the top. The top has adjustable hooks, and a snap in the front for modesty.
A handful of photos of my finished Frozen Fever Anna.
This set by Bryan Humphrey
I made Anna’s Frozen Fever dress around May of 2015. At the time the short wasn’t out on video yet (I think, unless I was dumb and missed it). There were very terrible reference pics. I ended up doing a mish mash of movie screenshots and the various dolls. I noticed in the actual short (vs. the marketing photos) her dress, especially her vest, was extremely glittery and blingy. So I aimed to be as glittery and blingy as I could!
Continue reading “Anna from Frozen Fever: Progress”